Tuesday, February 10, 2009

DOG SHOW FASHION? YES?

By Julia C. Weiskopf, Fashion I-Reporter

New to the dog world, I thought I would put a bit of a twist on my reporting, and well fashion is what I do best, so here goes...As I am sure you know, dog shows are probably the LAST place people look to for fashion stories, but I was pleasantly surprised at how fashionable some of the handlers really are!

Dr. Joseph Vergnetti with CH Hillwood Dassin De-Lovely

Dr. Joseph Vergnetti, who had the Standard Poodle, Sissy (CH Hillwood Dassin De-Lovely), said that what he wears is about function first and then he looks to the details. Well, he looked very dapper in a tweed blazer blue button down with tie and grey slacks. Might I add, pulled together very nicely with his Hermes belt and lavender socks!

Dr. Joseph Vergnetti

As for the ladies, Taffe MecFadden, handler of 2008's number one dog, the Giant Schnauzer, CH Galilee's Pure Of Spirit, wore bright pink and really stood out. When I spoke to her, she noted that she "always goes for a-line skirts paired with a short jacket." She also added that shoe choice is also key, "they must be supportive and have grips on the soles. "

Handler Taffe McFadden

Marcelo Chagas said it best, "comfort comes first when getting dressed for a huge show like Westminster, but it is also important to coordinate with the color of the dog you are showing," someone I spoke to later said that wearing light colors with a light dog means you are probably trying to hide something. Grey and yellow work perfectly for him with his 15 Beagle, CH Torquay Central Station, "Eric" !

Handler Marcelo Chagas

0 comments:

Post a Comment