Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TAFFE MCFADDEN

Taffe McFadden
 
Virtually everyone in the dog game has seen and admired professional handler Taffe McFadden.  Taffe and husband Bill McFadden have had handled multiple Top Ten Dogs over the past three decades, including 2008 Number One Dog All Breeds, the Giant Schnauzer, CH Galilee's Pure Of Spirit.  We have recently been made aware that Taffe is now facing perhaps the greatest challenge of her life.

Over the past several weeks Taffe has been fighting a rare form of cancer that has required three surgeries to combat.  Taffe faces a long, uphill climb against this disease and can use the prayers and thoughts of all of us in the dog show community  with whom she has shared so much.  We have first hand experience with cancer and know how physically, emotionally, and financially devastating fighting this disease can be.  You can leave your well wishes on The Friends of Taffe Face Book page and you can help Taffe with her considerable medical bills by making a donation on The Friends of Taffe internet site. 

We know Taffe has plenty of support in Bill, her family, and friends, but we will be  keeping her in our prayers nonetheless and know that all of you out there will be doing the same.

9 comments:

  1. I am very lucky to have two sisters I love and admire greatly. If I could take the cancer and pain away from Taffe and put it on myself I would, but that is not possible.

    Please accept my thanks for well wishes you have sent my our families.
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I have never met Taffe personally... I have only heard great things about her.....I wish her all good thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met Taffe about 3 yrs. ago as I had just gotten my Giant Schnauzer who was my very first show dog. I knew nothing( still don't) but she made such an impression on me. She was so very kind to me and I will never forget the time she took with me, fully aware that I was such a novice. I wish her the best on her road to recovery. Cornelia King

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never understand why hardship is allowed to enter our lives. My Lord God teaches us that he will allow nothing in our lives that we cannot handle and endure. As with Job, Taffe, you will be stronger and wiser when it is done. To Bill and Taffe and your family (dogs included), you are on my prayer list and prayers are answered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Giant Schnauzer (Koda) and I would wake up every Saturday morning to watch Taffe and Spirit on the AKC Dog Show. They made a great impression on me.
    Taffe:
    May the light of god surround you;
    May the love of god enfold you;
    May the power of god protect you;
    May the presence of god watch over you;
    Wherever you are God is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I have known Bill and Taffe for over twenty years. They are both kind, sweet, lovely people. Our hearts are heavy with this news and our prayers are with both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first met Taffe several years ago when Melissa Newman entrusted a beautiful orange belton bitch puppy to me. Melissa told me to track Taffe down in Woodland, California at a dog show. It was Mother's Day, it was pouring rain and Taffe took the time to give Neena (Ch Set'r Ridge's Exclusive) her first real grooming session. Taffe then took me "shopping" and chose every perfect English Setter-appropriate item for me. Thank you, Taffe. Taffe has been showing Chet, one of Neena's puppies, and it has been the thrill of a lifetime for me. I wish you the very best! Audra Mathis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know Taffe through her handling Annatika Andreas a CKCS we sent to USA in 1999 - now gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    Taffe and 'Andy' had a real 'love affair'.
    George and I wish her all the very best from Scotland.

    Jenny & George Mac Alpine
    Annatika CKCS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I send you strength, a strong spine and many prayers, Taffee as you battle your Cancer. Although you don't know me, I have known you since your time with Susan Hillman so many many years ago.

    ReplyDelete