Monday, February 2, 2009

IT'S GOLDEN IN GREEN BAY

No where in the country do you find more football conscious fans than in Green Bay WI, so it is not surprising that local dog fanciers established the Packerland Kennel Club and they celebrate Super Bowl weekend with a dog show double header. Saturday‘s show featured BIS Judge Lee Canalizo with the Golden Retriever, CH Golden Trip Snow Dream, the Wirehaired Dachshund, CH Daybreak‘s Awesome Blossom, the Alaskan Malamute, CH Sno Ridge‘s Sudden Impact, the Bedlington Terrier, CH First Class Cormac Mcarthy, the Brussels Griffon, CH Tupelo To The Back Of The Bus, the Bulldog, CH Evergreen;s Sweet Clover Ann, and the German Shepherd Dog, CH Annie-Isle’s Heiress V Kenlyn Kaleef. Green Bay’s a tough place and Judge Canlizo gave the BIS title to the very tough looking GSD.

CH Tupelo To The Back Of The Bus

Sunday, Judge Houston Clark had the same Golden, Bulldog, & GSD and four new dogs, the Whippet, Kamada’s A Million Dreams, the Great Dane, CH Elan’s Command Decision Reimroc, the Sealyham Terrier, CH Thunder Roads Chille Bean Goodspc, and the Japanese Chin, CH Chindale’s Work Of Art. Day two proved to be golden earning a Best In Show for the Golden Retriever, CH Golden Trip Snow Dream.

Check back soon for results from the Heartland.

3 comments:

  1. Billy, I was wondering, when you do not list CH in front of a dog's name, are they always class dogs, or do you just copy what is in the results (which doesn't always have all the correct titles listed)? I noticed that the first time you listed the Golden, there is no CH, but later there is, so obviously that was just an error, but was the Whippet a Champion or not?

    I'm not trying to be overly picky with editing (although you do have German as Berman), I just think it is interesting to note when a class dog won a group. At the beginning of the post I though "Wow, a class Golden won breed!" but then later saw that the dog was indeed a Champion.

    I know it's a little thing, but I just wondered if you check into whether or not the dog is a Champion when you see a class dog win a group.

    Megan

    P.S. - I don't know if you have someone set to get results from the Rocky Mountain Cluster in Denver, but I will be there all 4 days and can try to have quick results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, first, yes, I would love for you to be an I reporter for us. Even if you can only get partial results, all our readers would be so thankful.

    On the issue of the CH designation. the instant case was a typo on my part. Unfortunately, the only way to actually proofread the blog is to post the article. So there are often typos in the blog. Fortunately, I have a 1,000 volunteer proofreaders. lol. They usually catch my errors before I can go back over the post and check formatting.

    However, on the broader issue of should I point out when it's a class dog that's won a BIS or group one. At first glance, one would think that that is a big deal worth a brag. However, because so many of our dogs are imports who have multiple BIS in other countries, some take the designation of class dog as a disparaging remark. Therefore, I have taken to not making reference to the dog as a class dog UNLESS the breeder, owner, or handler has contacted me expressing their pride over the win from the classes.

    The short and long of it is if the CH is not there it is probably a class dog, but don't assume it's an upset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, Do you have any results for us from Denver?

    ReplyDelete