Friday, February 6, 2009

GARDEN PARTY

We showed Maltese for several years and I always poke fun at myself for going from a big, slobbery Saint ( a dog very much like me) to a immaculate little white dog with bows on its head (a dog nothing like me), but they were wonderful pets and the people that own them were as nice as they could be to two newbies, my wife and myself. One of our fond memories of those days was the Toys only Progressive Dog Club show, more like a high tea than a sporting event, it took place in a hotel ball room with boiserie (yeah, I read Architectural Digest) and lit by crystal chandliers. And the best Toy Dogs from everywhere came.



Today a Toy Dog even I can identify with, the Pug, CH Tupelo Shoboat Tu China Tu, won the all Toy Westminster warm up at the New York Pennsylvania Hotel (Mezzanine Level), the official hotel for Westminster. Judge Shirley Limoges selected "Boo" as her BIS/Group One. The remaining rosettes went to the Toy Poodle, CH Smash JP Moon Walk, the Brussels Griffon, CH Cilleine Masquerade, and the Pomeranian, CH Velocity's Shake Ur Bon Bon. While these pre Garden garden parties are always interesting, don’t bet your lunch money that these wins will be repeated come Tuesday night. But you can enjoy the Boo Vanity video above.

0 comments:

Post a Comment