Sunday, February 1, 2009

FIRST BIS EVER FOR A TIBETAN MASTIFF

We have an important win to report from the Land of Enchantment. At yesterday's Hobbs New Mexico Kennel Club, Judge Beverly Capstick put an entry in the history books by selecting the Tibetan Mastiff, CH Drakyi Gold Standard, as her Best In Show, the first such award for the breed.

CH Drakyi Gold Standard

“Midas”, was bred by Rick Eichhorn, who co-owns the four year old dog with handlers Michael & Linda Brantley. Midas, the number one Tibetan Mastiff of all time and the 2008 Best Tibetan Mastiff, is rolling into Westminster with three Group 1s in a row and, now, the first Best In Show ever for a Tibetan Mastiff. Make Midas a DOG2WATCH

10 comments:

  1. I've seen Mike and this dog on numerous occasions and he sure is a gorgeous dog! I also have to say that Mike is one of the nicest professional handlers I have ever met!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy,
    I love your website!!! I have been waiting for results from Atlanta all weekend and nothing has been posted. Is CeeJay in Atlanta? What is happening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I've been trying to get results from Atlanta since Friday. Apparently no one there is reading their e-mail. It's beginning to look like we won't know until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tibetan Terrier was BIS in NJ today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CH Drakyi Gold Standard is beautiful and I am so happy a TM finally got the recognition they deserve. I have a Drakyi gold TM named Ari, Lion of God who looks just like "Gold Standard." Rick is a wonderful person who breeds beautiful dogs. We have had 3 of his dogs and loved them (still love Ari) so much. Koodoos to Rick and the handlers!!! Go TM's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Rick and the handlers, Im very happy for you, DR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Micheal and Midas!! Way to go:) See you in NY.. Terri Erickson

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this fellow for the first time at Orange Empire last weekend. First TM I had seen in person. I was so impressed that I took a couple of photos of him. Congrats to he and his owners/handler on this lovely win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what can I say... Bravo to all TM's breeders in the US and congratulations to Rick and Michel for putting such a great looking dog in the ring...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We met Midas and owner this past weekend at the Perry dog show. He is a beautiful and sweet dog. His owner was great too, told to us about the breed and their other Mastifs. Congradulations Midas from Jennifer and Eric in Atlanta, Georgia

    ReplyDelete