Saturday, October 27, 2012

THANK YOU 5,000 TIMES!



 
I pause in my show reports for one moment to share a milestone with you all.  This is my 5,000th post here on Dog Show Poop.  I never thought that when I sat down at my keyboard back in 2008 to write about the new Cairn Terrier puppy show prospect I had just purchased that my ruminations on the world of the AKC dog show would garner such a generous response from the dog world.

I started out sharing some of my memories from 45 years of attending AKC dog shows and progressed into reporting on the close race for Number One that year between the Giant Schnauzer, CH Gallilee's Pure of Spirit, and the Pointer, CH Cookieland Seasyde Hollyberry.  I originally only covered shows that our Top Ten Dogs had entered.  When I started giving you up to date rankings for the Top Ten, AKC, Dog News, and Canine Chronicle were six weeks behind in their rankings.

Today Dog Show Poop covers every all breed show in the US as well as many of the breed national specialties.    DSP’s list of DOGS2WATCH has become the list of promising newcomers. While AKC, Dog News, and Canine Chronicle are getting more timely, DSP is still the first to tell you where the Top Ten stand.  Over the last year I have been all over the US and have had the pleasure of seeing all of the Top 100 Dogs All Breeds as well as many of the local standouts.   More importantly, I have met many of the dog lovers that keep this sport alive.  I am here to tell you that the dog people are still the best people you can spend a weekend with.  I am very optimistic about the future of this game.

DSP’s success comes from its readers.  I am a one man shop and am lucky to have thousands of readers who keep this blog accurate.  DSP still accepts no advertising from breeders, owners, or handlers.  The few Amazon ads for dog supplies we show brings in less than $100 dollars a year in income.  We hope to keep doing this for a while, at least as long as our readers want us to.  Our thanks to all of you for sharing your dogs with us.  Now I am going to have a glass of wine to celebrate before I finish up tonight’s reports.

8 comments:

  1. Billy,
    So enjoy Dog Show Poop and look forward to reading the up dates daily! Dog Show Poop is the Greatest by-far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Lenore DelPrete, Wallingford, VT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reports, DSP is one of my first stops to check on who won what. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to DSP and cheers for your dedication making it the BEST reporting around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy reading, keep up the good job Billy!
    THANX a million

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly an awesome, blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your dedication and insight! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do an amazing job and I enjoy reading your blog every week. Congratulations and I know you will have continued success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. plenty to crow bark meow cackle quack and just plain cheer about, congratulations and lets hear it for the next 5000

    ReplyDelete