Monday, June 14, 2010

CATCHING UP IN VIRGINIA

CH Banana Joe Van Tanikazari
(Photo by Patty Harbison)

One place we didn’t heara from over the weekend was Fisherville VA where the Skyline Kennnel Club gave us two shows.  On Saturday it was Skip Herendeen with the English Springer Spaniel, CH Cerise Tender Is The Night, the Basenji, CH Eldorado N Akuba Never Surrender, the Doberman Pinscher, CH Mi-Ti’s Three Cheers, the Miniature Schnauser, CH Earthsong Remedy For The Blues, the Affenbinscher, CH Banana Joe Van Tanikazari, the Chow Chow, CH Liontamer Dial 1-800-Hotstuff, and the Bouvier des Flandres, CH Brimar’s Always Mandrake HT.  His Best was the Springer, Zelda.  We  believe this is the first BIS for Zelda.  Congratulations to breeder/owner Dorothy Cherry, owner Donna Herzig, handler Howard Huber Jr.

Sunday, Carol Kniebusch Noe saw the same Springer, Schnauzer, Afffenpinscher, & Bouvier, the American Foxhound, CH Kiarry’s Walking On Sunshine, the Rottweiler, CH Gamegard’s Rhythm Of  The Rain, and the Bichon Frise, CH Risgae’s Duke Of Wessex.  It was the Dutch import, the Affenpinscher, Joe.  Picking up his second AKC BIS.

3 comments:

  1. Group Judge McGowan is pictured on the Affenpinsher breeders website handling this dog within the past year while in Holland ????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the photo to which you refer shows her holding Joe's lead at the breeder's kennels, not in a show. To my knowledge she has never handled Joe in a show. Are you suggesting that judges can never teach handling classes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Holland several years ago to visit a Papillon breeder. She told me about a friend who had Affens and since I had judged the Affen national prior to that and have always liked the breed, I thought it would be interesting. We went to the friend's house and she had incredible dogs. I was very impressed with the dogs she had bred. I saw one young dog I thought was her best, and really probably the best Affen I had ever seen and even asked if I could take him to the US. I ran him around her yard and posed him and told her he would be a fabulous showdog and she took a photo. Unfortunately, she wouldn't let me have him. I had not seen him again since my trip and was delighted to see him all grown up. He has fulfilled all the early promise he showed. I judged him best in a super good group last weekend. Anonymous ought to try breeding a dog as good.

    ReplyDelete