Monday, September 22, 2008


We awoke this morning to a stack of show results that resemble the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, everything scattered all over the place. Our top ten dogs played a game of whack-a-gopher, getting beat down in one location only to pop up in another location. We started the weekend on Wednesday in Montana with five of the top ten visiting the Grand Tetons. (See our previous posts for Wednesday’s and Thursday’s results) However, only two would remain through Sunday and for our number seven dog, the Scottish Terrier, CH Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot, it was a smart move. Sadie took BIS both Saturday and Sunday in Helena, while the number ten dog, the Scottish Deerhound, went GP one and four.

The number four dog, the Standard Poodle, CH Randenn Tristar Affirmation, returned home to Washington State for Saturday and Sunday shows in Shelton, hosted by the Gig Harbor KC. Unfortunately, the number one dog, the Giant Schnauzer, CH Galilee's Pure Of Spirit, followed Yes home and took both Bests, leaving the Poodle with two Group one prizes. The number six dog, the Affenpinshcer, CH Tamarin Tug, went the opposite direction, showing up in Atlanta where there were twice as many points to be had. But, alas, there were also twice as many top dogs in pursuit of those points.

The Atlanta weekend began on Thursday with limited breed and specialty shows. The biggest of these was the Greater Atlanta Toy Dog Association with 371 dogs competing. Taser was short circuited by the number five dog, the Brussels Griffon, CH Cilleine Masquerade, who took Group one, leaving Taser with the second place spot. On Friday they would go head to head again at the Douglasville KC all breed show with Taser advancing to the final to face the big boys. It was the number nine dog, the Harrier, CH Downhome Family Tradition, who went Best In Show while Taser and number two dog, the Pointer, CH Cookieland Seasyde Hollyberry, stood by.

Saturday Taser was shut out, failing to get a group placement, while Lincoln joined the Harrier, Coda, and the Pointer, Holly, in the final seven. Saturday would be the Pointer’s day as she added one more BIS to her tally of most Bests in 2008. Sunday everyone would try one more time, and it was a toy dog’s turn to go Best In Show with Lincoln getting the big rosette, while Coda and Holly watched. Taser would take his Group two ribbon home to Arizona to recharge his batteries for next weekend.

So where were our remaining two top ten dogs? Number three, the Sealyham Terrier, CH Efbe's Hidalgo At Goodspice, was taking it easy in Indiana, taking a BIS on Saturday and a Group one Sunday at the Columbus KC two shows. Our number eight dog, the Pembroke Welsh Corgi, attempted three shows in the Saint Louis suburbs, taking a BIS on Friday at the Saint Louis Dog Association show, followed by a Group two at the Jefferson County KC show on Sunday. We are not sure where Carly was on Saturday, but it wasn’t in the ribbons.


Post a Comment