Saturday, December 15, 2012

SHARING A NATION'S GRIEF

Before I head over to the Orange County Convention Center to cover the first day of the 2012 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship, I join the millions of people in the US and around the world that grieve over the tragic loss of life yesterday in Connecticut.  Any loss of life is tragic, but the death of one so young is bewildering and incomprehensible.  I may be a maudlin old man, but as a father and grandfather, my tears are genuine.

I will gather up my gear and go to the dog show this morning because that's the only response to senseless tragedy, keeping moving forward.  I don't want to hear the "what ifs" or another debate on gun control.  I simply hope that those families that lost their precious children find the support and strength to keep moving forward.  As you go about your business today take a moment and grieve with those families, send them your support, and be thankful for the day you have today.

I will enjoy myself today, but I won't be quite as exuberant as usual.  I know I don't won't to hear any complaints for those that don't win today.  Whatever happens you are here today. 

1 comments:

  1. Well said Billy. My thoughts are with the families of those involved in the horrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete