Thursday, July 30, 2009

IT'S CJ & CARISSA AGAIN

The country’s top three dogs continue to battle it out in Salem VA. It was day two of the James River Kennel Club and the the judge who literally wrote the book on showing, Frank Sabella, had the BIS call.

CH Allure Blazing Star Alisaton
& Handler Carissa DeMilta Shimpeno

In addition to our three leaders, the Scottish Terrier, CH Roundtown Mercedes Of Maryscot, the Doberman Pinscher, CH Allure Blazing Star Alisaton, & the Puli CH Cordmaker Field Of Dreams, he had the pleasure of examining the English Springer Spaniel, CH Cerise Jesse James, the Afghan Hound, Genesis Silverado, the Toy Poodle, CH Smash Jp Moon Walk, and the Standard Poodle, CH Dawin Spitfire.

The penultimate showman chose the penultimate Doberman, CJ, piloted by one of our most accomplished young handlers, Carissa DeMilta Shimpeno. CJ and Carissa have made it clear that they are not going to be satisfied with a number two ranking, and are committed to narrowing the gap between them and number one. Folks, this cluster is a Dog Show Happy Meal.

5 comments:

  1. Some of the youngest handlers out there winning at 2 of the biggest circuits of the year!!! I love it! Just shows how important junior showmanship is, quality mentoring, and hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be at this show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always such a pleasure to visit Dog Show Poop, look at the beautiful dogs, and get the inside scoop on the Fancy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and find your writing quite entertaining! Nice work. But did you mean "penultimate?" I'm thinking you meant "quintessential" or at least a word that implicates the same meaning. Penultimate happens to be a word we use a lot in our household -- it means next to the last, and is fun to use a $10 dollar word like that when the need arises. Anyway, set me straight if I'm wrong on this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right in the literal use of the definition of "penultimate" as position next to last in a series. My prose tends toward the archaic and is almost always deriviative, if not down right stolen, from my very distant formal education.

    I'm not sure when I first heard or read "penultimate" used to describe a state of achievement nearly perfect. next to perfect, if you will, but I'm am quite certain that I am not the first to use it to mean as close to perfect as it gets. I am probably the only one to use it recently, however.

    ReplyDelete